The Emergency Notification System (ENS) is an experimental service to provide a single source for alerts and warnings from U.S. officials. This includes evacuation orders, amber alerts, hurricane warnings, and tsunami alerts.
The Emergency Notification System is operated by BNO News and was launched in May 2018. It only uses official information, which means we do not insert our own reporting, even in the event of conflicting information.
Alerts may be edited by BNO News for clarity or to summarize a message which is too long. Our editors take great care to ensure that changes do not affect the meaning of the message, and we may include a screenshot or link to the official alert.
Because this is still an experimental service, it does not currently provide round-the-clock coverage. Our service aims to provide easy access to critical alerts, but it should not be used to replace warning systems from official sources.
Alerts which are currently included:
- A selection of messages sent to phones through the Emergency Alert System
- Amber Alerts (child abductions)
- Blue Alerts
- Evacuation orders and messages to shelter in place
- Tsunami warnings and advisories
- Earthquake notifications (notable events only)
- Hurricane warnings and watches
- Foreign missile launches and missile threats
- Volcanic activity (if affecting a populated area)
- Bulletins from the National Terrorism Advisory System
Please send feedback to email@example.com.